Holidays! Everyone loves it. Who in the world doesn't? But why the heck do I have to get stuck doing practicals in Moscow? For 6 damn weeks. But I'm looking at it on the bright side. I'm sure we'll get atleast something beneficial at the end of the day. I still hate it nevertheless. Its not really because I'm a foreigner, its more that the doctors dont really know what to do with us, even with their own Russian students. Most of them just go out lepak and smoke anyway.
- Briefing by my curator Dr. Misai Bodo2 Alang and the naughty librarian-looking Dr. Singa Betina.
- Fire, electric and emergency plan briefing. Almost fell asleep.
- Division of groups.
- I'm starting in the Surgical Department no.3.
- Went back by 1.30pm.
- 8.30am, doctor's round.
- Scribbled a bit on the patient's history.
- Observed the doctor cleaning post-operative wounds and rebandaging. Boring.
- Finished the day at 3.45pm. Tired!
Well those are only a small bit of what I did during my first week of practicals. I'm sure I learned atleast something, perhaps how to speak Russian fluently? I hope so. I'm now trying to download as much movies as possible. Just to make a collection for my dad at home.
I'm planning to overhaul my room here in Moscow a bit. The kitchen/corridor looks horrible, dark and dirty. I'm trying to do something about the cracked floor, maybe patch it up a bit.
Anyway, since its holiday time, lets just enjoy and embrace it. Like this song from Ke$ha for example, Tik Tok.